The MPA programmes offered by STEaPP have the following entry requirements:
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor’s degree from a UK University in a relevant discipline, or a 3.5 GPA, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of adequate level of English proficiency. The English language requirement for the UCL STEaPP MPA is: Good (IELTS Overall 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each subtest). More information on other acceptable English language qualifications can be found at UCL Graduate Degrees English language requirements.
- Although not essential, some work or professional experience in a related field would be beneficial. STEaPP recruits candidates with backgrounds or strong interest in policy, social or natural sciences, technology and engineering, or those with professional experience in government, NGOs or industry.
Applicants should apply online using UCL applicant Portal. Once UCL has received your application in full (and obtained your references) the application will be transferred to STEaPP, where our Admission Panel will usually aim to make a decision on your application to the programme within 1-2 weeks.
When assessing your application, and particularly your personal statement, the MPA Admissions Panel are particularly looking to understand;
- Why you want to study your preferred MPA degree at graduate level?
- What particularly attracts you to the MPA programme at UCL
- how your academic and professional background meets the demands of this challenging programme
- Where you would like to go professionally with your degree and how the MPA fits with your career goals
Although applications may be accepted on a rolling basis until 31th July 2018, there are earlier application deadlines for those applicants who wish to be considered for STEaPP Scholarships.. These deadlines are provided on our own website.