The MPA programmes offered by UCL STEaPP all share the same entry requirements:
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor’s degree from a UK University in a relevant discipline, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. As a multi-disciplinary department, the disciplines we considered to be relevant are broad and varied. Please check with us if you are uncertain
- If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. The English language level required for this programme is: GOOD (equivalent to overall 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each subtest). More about our English language requirements can be found here
- Although not essential, some work or professional experience in a related field would be preferred. STEaPP recruits candidates with backgrounds or strong interest in policy, social or natural sciences, technology and engineering, or those with professional experience in government, NGOs or industry. Some experience, or strong demonstrable interest, in these areas would be very beneficial to an application.
Applicants should apply online using UCL applicant Portal. Once UCL has received your application in full, verified your qualifications (and obtained your references) the application will be transferred to STEaPP, where our Admission Panel will usually aim to make a decision on your application to the programme within a week. UCL will then communicate our decision back to you, so please allow at least 4-6 weeks for the process to be fully completed.
When assessing your application, and particularly your personal statement, the MPA Admissions Panel are particularly looking to understand;
- Why you want to study your preferred MPA degree at graduate level?
- What particularly attracts you to your preferred MPA programme at UCL
- How your academic and professional background meets the demands of this challenging programme
- Where you would like to go professionally with your degree and how the MPA fits with your career goals
Applications may be accepted on a rolling basis until UCL Admissions close for 2020 entry.