The MPA programmes offered by STEaPP all share the same entry requirements:
- A minimum of an upper second-class Bachelor’s degree from a UK University in a relevant discipline (or a 3.5 GPA, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard. As a multi-disciplinary department, the disciplines we considered to be relevant are broad and varied. Please check with us if you are uncertain
- All students whose first language is not English and who are not nationals of a country deemed by either the UK Home Office or UCL to be "majority English speaking", must be able to provide recent evidence that their spoken and written command of the English language is adequate for the programmes for which they have applied. The English language requirement for the UCL STEaPP MPA is: Good (IELTS Overall 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each subtest).
Please note that due to the style of teaching used at STEaPP, in which we make use of discussion, debate, assessed presentations and significant group work, the english language entry requirement is strictly enforced to ensure that
all students can communicate and discuss with each other and the teaching staff equally.
More information on other acceptable English language qualifications, or exemptions, can be found on the UCL English Language requirement webpage.
- Although not essential, some work or professional experience in a related field would be preferred. STEaPP recruits candidates with backgrounds or strong interest in policy, social or natural sciences, technology and engineering, or those with professional experience in government, NGOs or industry. Some experience, or demonstrable interest, in these areas would be very beneficial to an application.
- Why you want to study your preferred MPA degree at graduate level?
- What particularly attracts you to your preferred MPA programme at UCL
- How your academic and professional background meets the demands of this challenging programme
- Where you would like to go professionally with your degree and how the MPA fits with your career goals