1. Follow UCL website on pre-enrolment http://www.ucl.ac.uk/new-students/pre-enrolment
2. If you are BBSRC or EPSRC funded PhD or EngD student you will also be required to set up a basic Jes Studentship account on the JES system (http://je-s.rcuk.ac.uk).
The basic account is easy to set up and you are able to input your personal information. Creating an account also allowsyour name to appear in search results for those completing either Nominations or Proposals. NB: The College finance team will not approve you stipend payments until you have set up a JES studentship record. You will also need to pre-enrol on Portico making sure you complete the section entitled 'View/Update Your Bank details' with the full bank details of your active bank account. This will ensure that any studentship payments that are due to you will be made directly into your bank account at the appropriate times. If this option is not available to you at the moment, please revisit your pre-enrolment closer to the start of session to complete it. If you fail to complete this section in Portico, your studentship payments will be made by cheque, which you will need to collect (with appropriate ID) from the student finance office, G19, South Cloisters.
1. Around the mid of August you will be sent the Induction Week Timetable along with other essential departmental information. You will be expected to follow this timetable during the first week or two while also following your Common Timetable (https://timetable.ucl.ac.uk/tt/homePage.do).
2. When you arrive at UCL your most important task is to enrol in person. On completion of enrolment you will then be able to access all the facilities and services you are entitled to as a student at UCL. For information on how and where to enrol see http://www.ucl.ac.uk/new-students/enrolment
3. Pay your fees - if you are a self-funded PhD student please follow the UCL advice http://www.ucl.ac.uk/new-students/pay-your-fees. All students funded through one of the Research Council funding schemes (BBSRC or EPSRC) are required to set up their Jes entry complete Portico pre-enrolment as mentioned in step 2. of pre-enrolment information.
UCL FAQs on pre-enrolment, enrolment, fee payment and much more http://www.ucl.ac.uk/new-students/left-menu/faq